Southern Colour Print has a proud history of producing excellent quality printed products. Since 1993 Southern Colour has been awarded 61 gold medals in the New Zealand Pride in Print Awards. In 2016 Southern Colour Print was the Supreme Award Winner.
Certifications: INTEGRAF High Security Printing
Southern Colour Print is the only Australasian printer certified with ISO 14298,
which is an internationally recognised security certification. The security system is independently audited to ensure clients work is secure at all times.
The security system in place at Southern Colour Print is comprehensive and covers:
- Building security
- Personnel security
- Product management security
- IT security
- Transport security
Southern Colour print is Enviro-Mark Gold Certified. As a result of the certification Southern Colour Print has developed an Environment Management System that ensures:
- Compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- The identification of all aspects of the operations that have an impact on the environment.
- A plan to reduce the environmental impacts. The plan has targets and a measurement system to monitor progress towards the targets.
The environmental management system is independently audited annually.
The Environmental Management System has had very positive results:
- Waste going to landfills reduced by 70%.
- Energy consumption reduced 30%.
- Improved production practices have reduced waste products.
- Changes in process have reduced, and in some cases eliminated, the use of chemicals.
Forest Stewardship Council
The Forest Stewardship Council mission is to promote environmentally sound, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world's forests.
As part of the FSC chain of custody programme, Southern Colour Print is able to track all paper used back to the plantation the wood was harvested from. This tracking ability allows Southern Colour Print to guarantee customers that printed material from the Company is printed on paper produced from well managed sustainable forestry sources.
Climate change has been identified as one of the greatest challenges facing the world in future decades. In 2012 Southern Colour Print took the step to measure the amount of carbon dioxide that was being generated from operations and also implement specific programmes to reduce the emissions.
Greenhouse gas emission reduced by 14% (44 tonnes) in 2016 financial year.